We have assisted the University on a range of projects over the last 4 years, providing traffic and transportation advice. These have included the following:
- Undertaking a transportation planning and traffic engineering review of the proposed city campus masterplan. This involved assessing each of the Sectors individually with respect to their existing operation and how this may be affected in the future following the implementation of the master plan.
- Assessment and design of a signalised pedestrian crossing for Grafton Road. This has included transport modelling, signal design, assessment of effects and correspondence with Auckland Transport.
- Transportation Assessment reports for inclusion with the resource consent documentation in support of developments about the city campus including:
- Development of a 450 student apartment complex in Whitaker Place
- Redevelopment and refurbishment of two buildings within the Faculty of Engineering with an additional 12,500 m2 of floor area to be added
- Redevelopment of the Faculty of Science Building 301 (B301)
All transportation assessments have considered the anticipated effects arising from each of the developments including traffic generation, parking, access, site access, servicing and pedestrian and cycle amenity.
Back to Projects