As one of New Zealand’s leading travel planning consultants, Flow is able to offer a wide range of travel planning expertise, including:
- frameworks to support transport assessments for new developments of all sizes
- travel plans for schools, universities, hospitals and tourist attractions
- travel plans for existing developments, where the occupiers wish to reduce the traffic impact of their development and meet corporate environmental criteria
- coordination, where Flow assists in developing and operating the travel plan or travel management association and reviews the process for clients.
The benefits of travel plans are wide reaching and can include:
- Reduced local and regional congestion
- Reduced on-site and off-site (in neighbouring areas) car parking problems
- Improved accessibility
- Improved social and community wellbeing
- Release of parking land for more productive uses
- Financial savings through items such as parking costs, car allowances, etc.
- Healthier workforce - public transport use, cycling and walking all allow greater opportunities for exercise than the private car
- Reduced pollution and therefore environmental improvements
- Meeting corporate environmental criteria
We have worked with various schools in developing travel plans, including Diocesan School for Girls and St Cuthbert’s College.
Flow has also helped both the Waitemata District Health Board and Counties Manukau District Health Board develop staff travel plans. These projects involved close liaison with the DHB and local authority staff, staff surveys, focus groups, research, and development of actions and implementation plans with the steering group.